Important information about Heads Up Football Certification for Football Coaches:
- Heads Up Football Certification runs via the calendar year of January-December. This means that any of the 4 courses completed in the year current year (ex. 2018) will count towards your coaches certification of the same year (ex. 2018-19 season).
- All certifications end on December 31st of the same calendar year.
- The training includes:
- *Blocking, Tackling and Equipment Fitting course ($10 cost covered by the district via certification code sent to you by email)
- Concussion in Sports course (free)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest course (free)
- Heat Illness Prevention course (free)
Note: *The district covers cost of the Blocking, Tackling and Equipment Fitting course by providing you a certification code via valid email address. The district is unable to reimburse you if purchased by you.
- Q: If my coaches took the Concussion in Sports and Sudden Cardiac Arrest courses last year and they’re good for two years, do they need to take them again this year?
- A: YES. They need to take all 4 courses to become Heads Up Football certified on a annual basis in order to activate the insurance of being Heads Up Football certified. Taking only two of the four courses in a given year will not qualify you as Heads Up Football certified and the additional insurance will not apply.