Interested in trying out for a sport? Download this Step-By-Step procedure that will walk you through the process from beginning to end:
Physicals for the 2020-21 School must be completed on the SDUSD 2020-21 Athletic Physical Packet below. The date of the physical must be conducted on June 30, 2020 or later. Download the Physical Packet here:
Updated SDUSD Athletic Physical Packet 2020-21: Please make sure that you are completing the revised 5 page packet and not the prior release (4 page) packet. For those that have completed the 4 page physical packet, the following steps stated in the Q&A below will need to be followed:
Question: What do we do if we receive the “old physical forms” without the page/section and they don’t say if the athlete is cleared or not?
Answer (from Our District Doctor): For those students who come in without that page signed, we can do either one of the following:
- A Nurse can go through the History and the Physical forms we did get back, to be sure that all is negative, and then sign off on it if it is all normal.
- They can fax this page to the doctor’s office for signature.
Reminder: Have ALL 5 pages of the Physical Packet and Sport specific Confirmation Page completed, signed, dated and turned into one of the following individuals below in order to avoid delays of being cleared for participation:
- Sport Specific Head Coach
- Lori Serrano – (619) 266-6500 x 2131 | Main Office – Room 131
- Victor Diaz – (619) 266-6500 x 1546 | New Gym (Lower Level) – Room
- AD David Fai – (619) 266-6537 | Building 400 – Room 421
***COVID-19 AAU Student Registration Process***
IMPORTANT! Please confirm with your Head Coach before registering for the “Hornets Athletics” AAU club to condition on campus!
- Go to www.aausports.org
- Click on JOIN AAU on the right hand side.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the [Get a Membership] bar. The membership features will open (Blue Bar).
- Click on Apply for youth athlete membership. It will bring you to the log in screen where you will need to login, register for a user name and password or continue as a guest user. We suggest you sign up for an account so you can manage your purchases and easily be able to renew memberships the following year.
- Click on Get a Membership or if logged in click on New Membership to start. The Athlete Membership fee is $14 or $16 for the added benefit per year. If your child plays for a team sport with a club, you will need to get the club code from your child’s coach so that your child will be properly affiliated with that club/team. If you do not have this code readily available, it can be added at a later time. Once you checkout, you will be able to view your receipt and your child’s PRINTABLE AAU Membership card will be at the bottom. You will also receive an email copy of the receipt.