- 02.03.21 Johnny Ritchey Scholarship – Nominations can be submitted by visiting www.padres.com/jrscholarship and will be due on February 28 with current high school seniors (Class of 2021) being eligible to participate. Nominees will be asked to submit an essay between 1,000-1,500 words describing how they have encountered, and overcome, personal barriers based on their real-life experiences. The winner will be announced on April 15, Jackie Robinson Day throughout Major League Baseball, and will receive a $5,000 scholarship towards the continuation of their education.
- A Bridge for Kids Essay Contest – $2,500 1st Prize!
A Bridge for Kids is excited to announce that it is kicking off it’s 9th Annual Essay contest and this year we will be offering an even bigger prize pool and $2,500 to the 1st place entry.
Eligible students may enter the 2021 A Bridge for Kids Essay Contest by submitting an original essay of 750 words or fewer describing their thoughts on the following:
What is the one life experience that has best prepared you for your future? How did this experience impact you?
Deadline for entry is midnight on March 1, 2021. Winners will be announced week of April 12, 2021.2019
Past Winners: 2020 Essay Contest Winner – Billy Nguyen, Lincoln High School 2018 Essay Contest Winner – Kevin Banks, Lincoln High School
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority ScholarshipEligibility for this scholarship is limited to African-American female High School Seniors and College/University Undergraduates who are residents of San Diego County. The applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Academic achievement (minimum 2.75 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale or 3.5 G.P.A. on a 5.0 scale in all classes)
- Leadership ability as demonstrated by participation in extracurricular activities, community service, and/or holding positions in organizations.
To be considered, the attached application packet MUST BE RECEIVED no later than March 31, 2021.
20202021 DST Scholarship Application 1.pdf